Wednesday, March 30, 2011

'He was always there' (lots of art and talking)

If you don't like creepy things, just skip this part of my blog. I don't mention anything that spooky, but I will not be held responsible if you click the link and spook yourself.

So my good friend Aaron, like me is a writer (he was one of my NaNoWriMo buddies and will be doing Script Frenzy as well). During NaNoWriMo, he wrote several short stories and I have had the pleasure of reading two of them. The first was a short story called Liver, it was fairly short, and reminded me of something that would be told around a campfire (maybe because I like campfire stories).

The second was a good bit longer, he gave it to me about two weeks ago. It was called 'Runner in the Woods'.  This story although it doesn't outright say it, is a Slender Man story. If you don't know about slender man (maybe you don't like creepy stuff or have been living under a rock) it is an urban legend/mythos about a  very tall, very very slender man who seems to be wearing some sort of suit, and has very long appendages (sometimes more then one is suppose to have). I won't tell you much more since it is part of the story that the more you know the more you see him but, if you are interested click the link above or Google him.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this story, and I thought it was creepy, although it creeped me out for reasons that are very specific to me (I think). For example, I use to see things in the shadows of my bedroom, I had (maybe have sometimes) very violent night terrors and I have frequent nightmare but can't remember them (I will wake up  terrified and I don't know what). But pretty much the whole aspect of there always being something there, watching me, playing on my life brought me back to that and weirded me out. But I still loved the story, and plan to cover it in post-it notes before returning it.

In fact I love it enough to draw fan art.


"He Was Always There"

This picture isn't the best, I will try to to scan it when I get home. I wanted to make the picture simple, although it was more awesome in my head. I also don't think I made him tall enough, but if it looks like he blends in with the forest, well at least I did something right.  I may do a few smaller pieces (ATC's) at another point in time (possibly this afternoon).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you clicked that link and creeped yourself out, enjoy a picture of my adorable cat in the fire pit me and my family built this past weekend.





Now that you have seen my new fire pit and awwed at my kitty, I would like to share some more art I've done lately. I did a dozen inchies and two ATC's. I also made an ice dragon out of sculpy clay.  I also have a few nature photos that I took this Monday.

First up is my Goth Fairy ATC. I can't find this one and am positive that it didn't get mailed so.... I'm going to have to redo it. Bummer, at least I took a picture first.




Next I have a dozen inchies for my monthly dozen inchie swap, I went with just a spring theme because spring is supposidly here (the weather hasn't been acting it though).



Weren't those lovely? The next one is an ocean themed ATC. It was free theme and I was going to draw something spring like to match my inchies but I got the ocean stuck in my head. So... here you go.


So I was invited to try clay with my sister and best friend so I decided to make an ice dragon. I think he turned out pretty cool. I think I have some work to go, but I think I could make sale quality dragons, some of my friends already want one, so yea! I named him Rawr, I won't tell you how he got his name, it was kinda a funny story. :)



Bloop Bloop. :) Okay, this first picture I took of a blossoming apricot tree two doors down from my house. I thought this photo turned out nice with the branch against the clear blue sky.


This next picture is of some sort of willow type plant (i think) near the church where I lead Girl Scouts. I thought it looked so beautiful in sort of half bloom (the whole thing wasn't in bloom yet). The pictures of the whole thing look so so but this close up looks pretty good.


I feel like I should be stealing my friend AD's blog title, 'This Blog has ADD' because I feel like the blog was one big ADD rant as it goes through all different stuff. But really, that is me, I think I am a very eclectic person who enjoys lots of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment