Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Commission Clay!

So yea, my first ever commission, very exciting.

So a friend of mine from work got married October 31st, her and her now hubby are both huge horror movie aficionados  (I spelled that seriously wrong the first time) and so are many of their friends so I made custom Michael Myers (from Halloween) for the Bridesmaids/Groomsmen to wear and a Slimer (Ghost Busters) and Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm St.)

I can't find all my pictures for some reason so here is everything that I have! I will ask if I can use her wedding Photo's to show off at least the MM in use on their bouquets!

Here is my cat Doodles invading my work space because any surface is made for cats....





Freddy WIP, his head on a pike so I could apply his scars and red flesh tone.

Freddy no arms! Much less frightening!








Finished Freddy. This picture does not do him justice. He was by far my favorite even though he took about 8hrs to make start to finish. I think he turned out the best and he was surprisingly relaxing to make. He is made from Sculpy clay with wires in his claws for support (so they don't snap off), pastels on his face to add red to his skin tone and sealed with Sculpy brand glaze.

This is finished Slimer, I couldn't find and WIP pics of him. He was a little difficult to make because how do you make an oozy non corporeal ghost out of clay? Well I think I made him look pretty Oozy. He is 100% Sculpy clay with Sculpy brand glaze to seal him. He took about 4-5

Here are the MM without hair, knives, and masks, they still look creepy. One of my scouts said they look like Slendermen, I kind of agree. Short, squashy Slendermen.

Finished MM, they are also made out Sculpy with wire to support the knives and hooks on the top to attach them to the bouquets/boutineers/ect and sealed with Sculpy brand sealer. These guys took about an hour to make.

So overall I had lots of fun, she wants me to a Pyramid Head now, I have to figure out how to make him not tip over because he will be top heavy. I may have to anchor him to a stand if I can't figure it out otherwise. I think in my spare time I might make some clay people and list them on etsy or something because, well it was a lot of fun. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment